After you file

I sent my original return on January 31. It was sent to review and I received a letter from the IRS that the review would take up to 60 days. As I got tired of checking WMR and still seeing that my return was processing, I contacted a tax advocate in my state on April 11. I was told that an advocate would get back to me in a few days. She called me back the next day and told me that the federal tax reported was not matching up so I needed to do an amendment. I sent my amendment off April 13 along with sending copies to my tax advocate. She contacted me on April 23 and told me that the amendment can take up to 3 weeks to get into the IRS system and their was nothing more for me to do. She said she would contact me on May 14. She contacted me on May 9 and told me that the IRS had received my amended return and I may expect my refund on or around May 23 or maybe a week later. I had been checking WMAR since the day I sent it off and it was telling me no return was received. I checked today and I have status bars showing it was received April 17. I'm praying that I receive my return soon.