MicheleR

After you file

If you opted to use the "Refund Transfer", it can take an additional 1-5 days from your direct deposit date for you to receive your refund. Please see Where’s My Tax Refund if I Paid TurboTax Fees Out of My Refund? for more information.

If Not;

"The IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, although some require additional time. You should only call if it has been:

• 21 days or more since you e-filed
  • 6 weeks or more since you mailed your return, or when
  • "Where's My Refund" tells you to contact the IRS

Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit may experience a refund hold.  According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue these refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2018, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return".  

To contact the IRS the toll-free phone number to check your Federal refund status is 1-800-829-1954. Automatic service is available every day of the week, 24 hours per day, and you can check on your refund in either English or Spanish. Or you can call 1-800-829-4477 to reach theIRS TeleTax System and check the status of your tax refund.