Intuit Alumni

After you file

You should fix it.

The 1098-T is for reporting education expenses.

I assume you mean a 1098 from a Lender which reports home interests and may report property taxes paid.

If the 1098 reports property taxes, enter that information when you enter the form (1098), and do not enter that amount again, such as under Deductions & Credits, Property (Real Estate) Taxes paid.

It sounds like you might have entered the amount twice.