rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@one26528 wrote:

I've used the same CPA for last 7 years and he just retired and has handed the business off to his son. Ever since the transition occurred, experience has been sub-par. Not responding to my questions, lots of non-answers, delays after delays due to which I was forced to file an extension. I finally was able to get my return, but I'm having strong doubts. Without having to find another CPA, what is the best course of action here? 

It sounds like you do need to find a new CPA for next year. Even if your 2021 tax return turns out to be correct, the poor service is reason enough to look for someone else.

Or learn to do it yourself with TurboTax. Your tax return is not very complicated. You could try it out by redoing your 2021 tax return in TurboTax online. You don't have to pay unless you print or e-file. However, if you decide to use TurboTax next year, I suggest the CD/Download TurboTax software instead of TurboTax Online. The CD/Download software is a far superior product with significant additional features.