Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thank you for your reply.  I wish I had 2 free hours to spend on the phone "trying" to explain this to TT support! 

The problem is I'm transferring equipment from a S-Corp to a Sole Proprietor and TT doesn't understand that the depreciation has already started some 10 years ago.  TT understands it in the Step-by-Step interview but does not transfer it correctly to Form 4562.

According to VictoriaD75 "a Sec 179 Deduction must be purchased and put to use between Jan 1st and Dec 31 of the year you are claiming".  

I'm not trying to re-take Special Depreciation again, I'm just trying to show it on Form 4562, so the math is correct.

On the Assest Entry Worksheet, in "Forms View" Line 9A is: Economic Stimulus Qualified Property: Yes/No.  Since the property is not qualified, when you mark "NO" TT looks at it and says, "no Special Depreciation for you--error".  If you pick yes, it will allow you to keep the Special Depreciation but will not calculate a depreciation for this year, $0.  There's still time to depreciate it.

?