2018 Form 1040 - Line 4a has incorrect value!!

I have income from an IRA with a QCD that reduces the taxable amount, and I also have a pension. Line 4a on the 1040 is supposed to have the total of all IRAs and pensions, and line 4b has the total taxable amount. On my final 1040, line 4a was less than 4b, which is clearly not possible. The error turned out to be in the 1040 Worksheet. The entries for the line 4 calculations are, from the top, IRA distributions; Taxable amount; Pensions and annuities; and their Taxable amount. The 3rd line, which should have been the amount of my pension, was left BLANK by TT, although the taxable (full) amount of the pension was correct on the 4th line.

To fix it, I overrode the blank line and entered the amount of the pension distribution. This corrected line 4a on the 1040 and it was then greater than line 4b (by the amount of the QCD deduction).

Although none of this affected my bottom line or taxes owed, it seems like a sloppy mistake and is the second error I've encountered in this year's software. I've been using this program since the DOS days and won't immediately ditch it, but I will be more careful from now on in checking its results!