Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I was about to move on to FreeTaxUSA but thought I'd try two things first - the second of which appears to have worked.  I'm doing 2021 taxes for my parents filing jointly, my dad is the primary taxpayer and my mom passed away in Feb of 2022.  When I submitted via TurboTax my returns were rejected by Federal and VA (VA because Federal was rejected) with error of "IND-032-04 - 'SpousePriorYearPIN' or 'SpousePriorYearAGIAmt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database."44

The "fix" option in TurboTax asked for my Mom's AGI and the number pre-populated was correct for my parents' AGI for 2020 so I left that unchanged.  I went into the Forms view and on the form "Info Wks" added their filing PIN numbers in the blank lines for the "prior year PINS", and checked the box for neither driver's license or state ID for my Mom (because she had neither but TurboTax hadn't asked about her ID info).  On the "Personal Wks" for my Dad, I check the box for "After 2021", under "if widowed, what year did spouse die".  Then I resubmitted, and the returns were again rejected.

When the "fix" option in TurboTax again asked for my Mom's AGI, I changed it to $0.  I left the above changes that I had made before in place.  And then resubmitted.  Federal return has been accepted and have not heard yet for VA return.  Not sure if it was just the $0 that worked or the combination with the above changes.

Just thought I'd pass along what ended up working for me.