ConL
Level 1

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

It took several tries of calling.  The first 2 phone calls resulted in the support person either saying they were going to transfer me or send me a link. In those cases, my call basically got released. Third time was the charm. Consuela understood my issue once I explained it to her. She explained that because I used my license code when I installed the CD, I couldn't use that same license code on the download version. And because I purchased the software outside of TT, it doesn't show in my purchases. She got an expert to help on her end while she walked me through a few things. Eventually she was able to send me a link with a new download and a new license code. My other computer crashed before I could think to save my tax return to a thumb drive, I did have to start over, but it wasn't a big deal. I was able to import my 2020 return and go from there. A few lessons, if you think your computer might crash, use the download, not the CD, or the very least, back it up to an external device so you can import it if you have to go through this. Many thanks to Consuela for sticking this out with me. She stayed on the line until I could confirm I was able to install TT with the link she sent me.