Get your taxes done using TurboTax

UPDATE:

--- I also want to say 'thanks' to @BillM223@DawnC - for aiding in getting me pointed in right direction. ---

Another individual currently has the same problem and reached out to me this week on obtaining an unlisted/private number for ADP.

I responded back to this person yesterday but have not heard back about my response to him/her.

So, I thought it best if I post my detailed response here in case someone else has the same problem before  attempting to reach out to me.

------------------------ My response -----------------------

• My primary advice is try to call that payroll company who does the checks for the current or former company - and tell someone in their management chain that your current or former company is not willing to work with you on it.
  • If that does not work, let them both know you are getting a lawyer to file paperwork to ensure they "DO" work with you in getting it fixed.

The problem is between the current or former company and the payroll company to get it fixed. It is not on you, since you cannot do anything, well, except to bring in a legal representative and sue them for this situation... This affects your social security...

This at least fixed the W2 aspect once you do get it corrected.

My brief history:

First, it took 7 months (Dec 2020 - Jul 2021) to get a corrected W2 in my hands. 

It was primarily due to waiting on ADP to do "SOMETHING"!  ADP was the payroll company that handled pay for my former company.

Next, my former company (use Zed for this discussion) got me one number, which I called - but ADP said they do not talk to employees, only the employer. 

So that step REALLY pissed me off.  Went back to Zed to say, that number was useless.

Zed got me another number, I talked to an ADP rep. But...!!!! It turned out that rep's section could not see everything and was completely unable to assist.

Went back to Zed on that as well.

Overall, Zed, for the whole process, kept telling me that ADP was dragging their feet to get it resolved. Individuals at ADP were not responding in a timely manner.

Zed had to deal with multiple ADP staff because of ADP changes in processes and personnel. (In all fairness, Covid may have been part of the problem at ADP.)

Zed finally got hold of one competent ADP staffer to assist (as they tell me) who worked it out, sometime in May 2021.

This primarily affected my social security (W2 box 3).

Then, I called the SSA as to what the process is once I receive a corrected W2 - they said I would have to come in with the document - this was during the less restrictive lock down in early 2021.

It took another two months before a corrected W2 was generated and my receiving it... Called the SSA, again, in advance to ensure which office I had to go to.

It turned out, I did not have to go in. The SSA rep told me the corrected data was already in the system. So, that part was completed by ADP when they generated a corrected form. When I checked my social security numbers (you can look up your own as well), it was all good.

Now, I will find someone to fix/amend my 2019 tax form for a better tax refund for that year. 

End result - I hope this helps others with this kind of issue.  I know I did a lot of research as well