Get your taxes done using TurboTax

First off, do NOT listen to the "EXPERT" ColeenD3. She clearly does not understand nor care to understand crypto. The question clearly stated, how do I report my staking rewards. Staking is NOT an airdrop.

Algorand, Cardano, Polkadot and other Proof-of-Stake (POS) coins provide actual rewards which can be exercised immediately upon receipt. The IRS considers staking rewards as income and taxed at the market value they were received.

So, if you kept your staking rewards you must still report that as income and pay income tax on it. If you sold it, you may have a short-term gain or loss that would impact your final tax total. Assuming you sold it immediately you almost certainly will have the income and short-term gain or loss since the price likely change from the minute you received the staking reward and the time you actually got around to selling it or traded it for something else.  This situation will require crypto analysis tax software to resolve and enter correctly.

Please, ColeenD3 buy some Cardano and stake it so you can understand what you are talking about. Also, please refrain from answering questions you don't actually understand. Crypto is not a space for guessing, you are going to get a lot of people in trouble with the IRS making statements like comparing Staking Rewards with Airdrops, my goodness...