BWest1
Returning Member

1099R problem - not showing 1040 line 4b correctly

I have an IRA, took an RMD from that IRA in 2018 AND I rolled over the balance after that RMD distribution was taken to another IRA.  The 1099R shows the sum of the two transactions -- box 1 and box 2a both have the sum of RMD+Rollover amounts.  Box 2b has both boxes checked.  Box 4 shows amount withheld.  Box 7 is a 7.  IRA/SEP/Simple is checked.  This is the entire 1099R, all other fields are blank.  This is the info entered in TurboTax.  When I went through the step-by-step, I get a screen that says "you told us the entire amount was rolled over" which is NOT correct.  I then switched to forms to see the 1099R worksheet to verify the information, saw that the RMD section was blank so I populated that with the correct amount.  In the additional distribution info section of this worksheet, I also had to manually populate the correct rollover amount in line B2.  The taxable amount in 1040 line 4b should be the RMD amount, but it shows as $0 and clicking in that field simply takes me back to the IRA Worksheet.   How do I get the RMD amount to show correctly as taxable???