Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you only lost this year's data, you are lucky. I installed turbotax premier 2021 last month, and did the update recommended at that point. Program worked as expected and retrieved the data from my 2020 returns and populated the 2021 form. Then I got back to turbotax 2021 this week to add my data. The program updated again and it had not only deleted the data I had already entered this year, but it also deleted all of the turbotax data, records, software, and pdfs for the last several years. Actually everything from Intuit/turbotax was gone from this computer. Even the directory structure for turbotax was changed. Customer service was totally useless over the course of a one hour session. That stuff is all just completely irretrievable. As far as I am concerned the "update" acted like malware rather than something I paid for. Now I am faced with days of entering data from old printed pdfs. And no, turbotax will not retrieve anything from the pdfs it created. After almost 20 years of using turbotax without problems, I am stunned by the extent of the damage done to my records.