Buybuy
Returning Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

What I mean to say is that my question is not on who qualifies for MTM TTS and who doesnt and how you need to select that before end of tax filing last year. I have taken care of all of that and did CPA consults going through my trading activities and got clear answer that I qualify. So those steps were taken early last year. And I do not have any questions on my status. That ship sailed last year.

My question is now in terms of using TurboTax on how to execute. If I use one liner in 4797 with total of gains and losses I still need to send to IRS the details of each transaction in 8949. But when I want to import all 1099Bs to create 8949, then it will create Schedule D which I do not need now as its all going into 4797.  So either I have to manually send 8949 after efiling (which I want to avoid) or there is a way to generate 8949 from the 4 brokers I have without triggering Schedule D being auto-generated by TurboTax as would be the case for most filers who trade for investing. How do I do that?