haru
Level 3

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, the print-thru-Adobe was excellent advice.

I so do not want to deal with follow-up questions from the IRS (or NY or MA) so that clears one potential hurdle. Thanks.

I'm just bummed that checking the 'B' box (I've been court-appointed) and 'B1' (I've already sent you this form, with court documents; we're good) blocked e-filing. It shouldn't have, honest.

The whole point of having TT  add (correctly) in the 1310 footer (only) for those checked B:

'Certificate Previously Filed.'

My partner's final 1040 should be e-fileable. 

Unlike those who check 'C' (I'm neither spouse nor court-appointed). TT properly blocks e-file for those 1310s.

Again, I actually appreciate both the prompt suggestions/answers in this forum (I'm new) and, importantly, the 800-line contact who looked, understood exactly why I state above, agreed. So did his supervisor. Neither had any idea why or how to override it. They just agreed I should be able to e-file with the added footer language.

So I hope this issue, and probable bug, can be fixed next year.

I am paper-filing tomorrow. No choice.

Lord knows what year I'll get the refund, given the IRS back-up on paper forms, until which I can't close his estate account. So, yeah, it sucks that I couldn't e-file by TT.

the end