Explaining the removal of Form 8917 tuition and Fees Deduction on Amended Return

I want to preface the following by saying that this is my first time I had a filed for a return, so clearly I do not know what I am doing.  If I could be honest, I filed for the return because I was and am in need of aid during these trying times, and hoped too had received the golden state stimulus. 

I'm a non-filer given I had only made $45 income in 2020, therefore, being my first time filing, I didn't think I needed to provide this information on the 2020 return. The only thing I did provide, which I thought was going to make some difference was  Form 8917 Tuition and Fees Deduction.

In doing so, I was left with a negative AGI, meaning that I did not qualify for the golden state stimulus given that an income of $1-75,000 must have been made. You see, I was under the impression that you just had to make less than $75,000, not that you had to at least make $1 to qualify. That was my fault for not reading the information properly.  In any case, even providing the $45 income I made as an independent tutor (which I provided under business income) still gave me a negative AGI.

So my question is, when removing form 8917 (which will give me a positive AGI when its removed) what is the explanation I should I give for this change? The truth? That in providing this form in the original tax return, I mistakenly assumed that somehow I would qualify for the golden state stimulus for just having a 2020 return on file, but didn't? And that I am removing the form because it seems irrelevant to the return and gives me a negative AGI, hence not being able to qualify for the stimulus?

How do I go about this? I'd like your guys' thoughts. Thank you