pk
Level 15
Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@MonsieurMD , from your post and information of how WISE works for a standard account, what I get is that  WISE facilities that you are using is  like  Western Union of old time.  It is a conduit for transferring monies  between  two  bank accounts  in two countries  ( in your case ).  Thus it is NOT  a bank account in the traditional sense of the word ( not a savings / checking / investment  )  financial account.  Even in the extreme  case where  you transfer  say $10, 000  from   your French  Savings account ( already reported under FBAR ) to your bank account in  Australia ( also reported  on FBAR )  where  for some reason  the withdrawal takes place immediately but  is not completed/ deposited   for a week ( thus  monies rested in your WISE account for a week ), it still does not require reporting because  it is still a conduit., perhaps a slow one   Therefore I do not believe  this type of account  comes  under the purview of FBAR or FATCA regulations.   

On the other hand  if you had the type called  "account without borders " where monies actually  are held   and can be withdrawn  in any of the allowed / supported currencies , it would need to be reported  because  it is not behaving as conduit -- it is  just an account where monies  are held in one denominated currency and can be  withdrawn/credited in any other denominated currency -- thus meeting the definition of a normal  bank/financial  account that you control.   This would have to be reported for FBAR/FATCA purposes.

Does this make sense ?

Is there more I can do for you ?