Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thud wrote:

Not an acceptable answer to a widespread problem.   

This is a cluttered old thread with many users with various issues.  You didn't describe an issue, so I'll take a guess and see if your issue is the same as the thread title.   If TurboTax suddenly asks you to enter the activation code again,  here's some info, but you may have already seen it several times in this thread.   Often the issue is related to a USB peripheral--a USB drive, thumb drive, USB printer, etc.--that was not present (or not turned on) during installation, or vice versa; i.e., was present then, but no longer is.

It can often be due to a configuration change with a USB drive or device that has changed since you installed TurboTax, such as a thumb drive, other external drive, USB printer, etc.

If you have a USB drive/device plugged into a USB port at the same time you are launching TurboTax, then unplug (or turn off) the USB drive/device, and then try launching the TurboTax program again. See if that solves the problem.    Or try it the other way around. i.e., if you had a USB drive/device plugged in initially when you installed TurboTax originally, but don't now, then plug that USB drive/device back in and try.

It can work both ways depending on what the system config was like at initial activation.

That happened to me one day when I forgot I had a USB thumb drive inserted into my computer.  TurboTax asked me to reactivate, but once I removed the thumb drive, TurboTax launched normally.   Many others have reported the same experience.

Similar to a USB configuration, another user reported anecdotally that it can also happen if one inserts one of those tiny SD memory cards after activation, or the other way around if there was one inserted at the time of initial activation.