Get your taxes done using TurboTax

pathgil wrote:

my turbo tax return was completed but i did not mail it. can i make some adjustments and have it filed online?  The program won't let me go back and acts as I have filed.  i did not mail it so it didn't get filed.  

If you haven't filed at all--haven't efiled and haven't printed and physically mailed it--here's how to open the return interview back up to continue working on it:

• Log into your account, and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2020, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (That doesn't really add one; that's just to open the return.)
  • Once the return is open, you can make any changes in your return you need to, if it has not been filed.
  • Then go through the REVIEW section to be sure everything is still in order.
  • Then go to the FILE section and choose a filing method, etc.

"can i make some adjustment and have it filed online?"

If you want to change the filing method and efile the return, then after you go through the Review mentioned above, then go to the FILE section and select to efile the return.

Then continue answering screens all the way to the very end, and click an orange button that says "Transmit returns now."

This FAQ may also have some info that will help:

FAQ:  How do I change from mail to efile in Online TurboTax?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online...