Anonymous
Not applicable

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thanks for that link. However it does not work, i.e. login credentials for intuit don't work at IDnotifys login page (it's only for direct Experian customers).

Experians IDnotify, as it is included with Intuits TurboxTax Max Benefits, uses a token based login method, meaning you first login to Intuit TurboTax, than use there "special link" to punch out to Experian (using an access token generated by an API script).

Earlier this year, Experian was made aware of security flaw in their API that companies like Intuit use to complete these token based logins. I think Experian must have turned the feature off, meaning login via this method is currently impossible. In the meantime, when you click any of those "special links" in your email or on the TurboTax site, to login to IDnotify (you can see the token generated by API script in the urls when doing so), Experian servers return an error which we don't see because Intuits action on the error is to redirect the user to the forums for support. So it "looks" like all the special links just lead here, but in fact, they are all returning login errors at Experian. The timeline or the API issue also correlates to the last email I recieved from IDnotify (April) - I assume same is happening for all Max Benfit customers since then.

If I'm right in the above, the only solution is for the IT team at Intuit to talk to those at Experian and come up with a solution. Intuits stance is probably that they are waiting on Experian for a fix. Experian probably does not care, probably the least of their concerns...