Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@azamsharp wrote:

Hi, 

I will call IRS on Monday and see what is going on. Let's see if I can get through the phone hold, because current hold times are very very long. 

I only sent IRS Schedule C and not Schedule SE. 

- Turbo Tax amended return always had the Schedule SE form but since the letters was so small I could not see it. So it is safe to say that I forgot to send them SE form. I only send them Schedule C. 

I don't see why you would want to call.  When you file an amended return, you must mail the 1040-X plus all the pages that have changes.  Turbotax should have included the SE along with the C in your printout and you should have mailed both.  If your amended return was correct but you just failed to mail one page, that may be all the IRS needs.  I would mail a very brief letter, include a copy of their letter (so they can find your file faster) and your schedule SE.  Use registered mail.  

The filing deadline for a 2019 return was July 15, 2020.  If you filed your amended tax return after that date and paid additional tax, you will owe some interest back dated to July 15, even if a penalty is not assessed.  That sounds like the extra $9.