Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thank you.  I still have a few questions.  In the section showing the three items for qualifying relative, are all three required?  My son does live with me, is over 27 but is not disabled.  I do provide over half the support.  The page on qualifying relative seems to be where he would fall, but they list every other type (adopted child, stepchild), but not biological child.  It also states you can be HOH if you have someone that qualifies, EVEN IF you don't claim them as a dependent.  CAN you file as HOH and claim no dependents? The IRS check your status says I can claim him as a dependent.   I didn't, simply because he told me not to; he figured he had to claim himself as single and not a dependent, to get the covid relief checks.  (I understand a dependent's relief check would come to my acct, and I would reimburse him, which I have done in the past).

Since he did that, mine was rejected and I had to file as single, costing me a few thousand in my return.  I couldn't find how I could claim HOH without claiming a dependent.

My main question now is twofold, and I can't seem to get the answer anywhere:  WOULD he still get his own relief checks if he had claimed himself as a dependent?  He made way less than the $4300 last year. 

And if he would still get those checks, is it worth him and myself both amending our returns, showing him as my dependent?   Thank you so much for any help!