Level 20
This widget could not be displayed.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I agree, it seems that these payments should either have been reported on Forms 1099-R or W-2.  I think it should only potentially be in box 3 of a Form 1099-MISC if the recipient is deceased and the income is income in respect of a decedent or if they are termination payments in certain cases for insurance salespeople.