Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@jharrison7 

I think I experienced the same issue you are having. I installed turbo tax from a download, it worked initially but I didn’t have everything I needed and saved my return to work on later. About 2 weeks later when trying to open turbo tax it would crash on startup and close itself out.

I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling it, the first time it worked for a couple days then it happened again and the second time it would not work again. I tried reinstalling, I called the help line(they made me try uninstalling a 5th time) I ended up spending over 8 hours with a few different support agents, was told I was being sent to a level two support, which apparently doesn’t exist I was just sent to another agent that wanted to try all the same things again. Finally they sent me to the resolutions department for a refund, and that person unlike the 3 supposed support reps said there was a known issue on Mac OS, after some persuasion they finally offered a refund. So somehow it’s a known issue for the department that handles refunds but not the support department. As far as I know it has not been resolved, it doesn’t happen to everyone but it does happen. They really wanted me to use the online version instead of the download but I refused and finally got the refund.  the “support” people on here still seem clueless as to this issue and just give the generic advice of trying to reinstall it.

what I later did was create a new profile for Mac OS and was able to run the program on that user profile, it was a little annoying but it was an effective work around for me.