Get your taxes done using TurboTax

That Box 7 code 4 was a teacher’s retirement IRA worth $5,000 so I took the money, closed the account and they deducted Federal taxes and sent me a check.

The traditional IRAs from which I took distributions in 2020 issued 1099-Rs in my name and Box 7 is a 7. If you reread my previous post, why, when I enter these two 1099-Rs .....if I leave the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box unchecked ......the Federal refund window at the top of the screen falls to reflect that now it is taxing the funds? Toggling between empty box and checked box makes my refund go up and down by $5,500 which is approx. what I should be taxed. 

You said “Simply switching spouses does not change the embedded worksheets that would still contain your late spouses information and now apply it to you.” But it DID change all the 1099Rs! I’ve looked at each and also an OPM annuity CSA-1099. My name is on all his stuff and his name is on mine. Example: The 2019 return thinks I suddenly became the owner of a $3M traditional IRA when I didn’t become the owner until 2020. Wouldn’t these errors translate to the worksheets?

You said: “I would recommend to first delete all 1099-R's and then delete the "IRA Information Worksheet" and the "IRA Contribution Worksheet" to get rid of all carryover data.    Then re-enter the 1099-R's.”  By this do you mean I should remove all these forms in the 2020 return?  The software isn’t going to link back to 2019 somehow, someway? I will certainly try it. What if I followed the instructions for amending my 2019 return, put the correct names on all the 1099s etc.  Would that automatically adjust my ongoing 2020 return? Thanks again. 

Can my purchased TT Cd/Download be uploaded to more than one computer?