WHYGODWHY

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

They did this exact thing to me last year but I was able to get through. I got my letter two weeks ago and haven't been able to get through after hundreds of attempts to call using the information given. I have tried to call and make an appointment with a local office. I have tried to call using the instructions listed above. After the weekend it will be past my 30 days and there is no explanation as to why this has happened now two years in a row. Why can't they tell me why I need to verify all of a sudden? 

THAT'S NOT SUSPICIOUS AT ALL.

I digress... It won't let me log in online with the information I used when I created it last year and will not send me an email after numerous attempts to have a password reset link sent to me. I have my email saved from last year when they set it up with me. I have been trying to get this to work for over two months. I filed as soon as I got my documents. This is absolutely ludicrous.

Multiple people I personally know are experiencing the same issues and not one of them has been able to log in or reach someone. The IRS is aware that the average tax payer cannot afford a lawyer and beyond that is unable to navigate tax law well enough to defend themselves in court. This is common practice. Do with that information what you will. 

Panicking is appropriate.