Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I didn't change my election -- simplified, as I've been doing for the 10 years I've been living overseas.

I get through to the end, run the error check and I get one error:

------

We Won't Be Able to E-file Your Return

It looks like you have a form or tax situation in your federal return that TurboTax doesn't support for e-filing. We do support it for filing by mail.

Here are the details:

You elected the simplified AMT Foreign Tax Credit limitation. Print the return and file by mail.

Don't worry, even though you are unable to e-file your return, we'll still help you file your return by mail.

-----

When I continue on, it looks like I have an e-file option. But when I go through and tell it to submit, it kicks me back to the same message as above and I can go back through the process but can only complete if I select to file by mail. So frustrating. I called for support and the person I spoke to was unsure whether this problem will be fixed or not. It appears that TT may just not be bothering to update those fields to allow for e-file and rather is just blocking e-file to avoid the rejection issue.

Wondering if anyone has contacts or info on whether TT will change that before mid-May?