Get your taxes done using TurboTax

TT tech support told me it is an IRS problem, not a TT problem.  Either way, it is our problem as TT users. 

My advice first assumes you have run error check for your entire return and confirmed no other errors in foreign tax credit have been flagged by TT for resolution before you attempt to file.  If so, when TT says all is fine and you attempt to file, but the IRS disagrees and rejects the filing and the TT rejection note says it is related to the Foreign Tax credit and to review your answers, that is when my advice kicks in.

Take a look at my earlier post on how to resolve the problem starting with each of your 1099's in TT that have foreign income tax (make sure there isn't some bit of income lurking out there as foreign on a 1099) and checking Box 8 to assure no "various" is being used for countries and if your foreign income is from mutual funds (most of us) then use "RIC" from the drop-down menu under countries [scroll up, not down, to find RIC] in BOTH locations in Box 8 that asks for country source.   Then confirm the Form 1116 itself does not have any "various" or blanks for dates where you have numeric entries.  For 1116 Part II blank dates select your favorite date -- I used 12/31/2020 and have the impression as long as it is not "various" it will work.

Yes, it is a pain to do all the detail checking.  It's a detail check odyssey or mailing the return choice.  It took me 8 attempts before I tracked all the "various" and blanks down and realized that is what the problem was.  Hopefully you get to success much quicker than I did.