Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you haven't filed your tax return yet, we expect TurboTax to be updated later today (Friday, 3/19) to include the new federal tax relief calculations on unemployment benefits. [Releases are usually pushed later in the day.]

The adjustment to the taxable unemployment benefits will be on Schedule 1, line 8 of the 1040.

If you have already filed your return, the IRS has stressed to NOT amend at this time. We do not yet have updated guidance for those who have filed their returns.  Please see this TurboTax Help article:  How do I get the new unemployment benefits if I’ve already filed my taxes?  It contains the latest information and contains a link for you to sign up to be notified when changes occur.

Michigan has not announced any unemployment tax relief so far.  Please check these links to the MI Department of Treasury websites for the latest information: 

South Carolina has not announced any unemployment tax relief so far.  They have announced that the Individual Income Tax due date has changed from April 15 to May 17, 2021.  Please check this link to the SC Department of Revenue website for the latest information:   SC Dept. of Revenue