JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

At this point, we believe that the stimulus payment will go to the bank account or address the IRS has on file for you.  You may also receive the payment by check.  This TurboTax Help states:

The IRS began issuing the first batch of stimulus payments, and they could arrive as early as this weekend (March 13-14), with more arriving over the coming week. Further batches of payments will arrive during the following weeks. If you’re eligible, check the status of your stimulus payment and the way it’ll be sent to you by going to the IRS Get My Payment Tool, which will be live on March 15th.

Do I need to do anything to get my stimulus check?

You don’t need to do anything to get your stimulus check. The IRS will determine eligibility based on your last tax return (either 2019 or 2020) and will likely send your payment to the bank account where your tax refund was deposited.

Can I change or update my bank information?

Right now, there is no way to change your information for your stimulus check. The payment will be based on the information from your latest tax return and will go to the bank account or address the IRS has on file for you.

Follow the TurboTax COVID Tax Center and the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center for further developments.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"