Rejection error IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.

Hello,

I'm filing for my parents for 2020 as MFJ but my father died in 2020. I imported everything from Turbotax 2019 which had my father as the primary taxpayer. Only my mother esigned with her pin.  When the returns were submitted I get the error stated in the subject line. I verified the AGI and resent. Same error. I read some posts and they said to change the AGI to 0. I did and still got rejected. Could the error mean my father's pin from 2019 when he was primary does not match my mother's who was the only one that esigned in 2020? As a triple check I ordered the return transcript from the IRS but it will take 5-10 days since my parents don't have credit cards or mortgages.

Some posts also say to make my mother the primary taxpayer for 2020 but not sure that is correct. Please assist. Unfortunately with the amount of Covid deaths in 2020, this may become a popular question.

Thank you.