Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I also have an issue with the UAW-FCA-Ford-General Motors Legal Services Plan Trust 1099-MISC (I am doing the taxes for my mother-in-law). The suggested fixes are not working for me.  I have tried entering the income under <1099-Misc and other Common Income> and as <Less Common Income -->Miscellaneous Income>.

The software keeps wanting me to enter data for a Schedule C.  If it makes a difference, I am using the Free (Freedom) edition.  I know that I was able to solve this issue last year (using Misc Income/Less Common Income) but this year it is not working.  Any suggestions?

I think I solved it: I used the 1099 Misc Other Common Income section (this is different from last year where I used the Less Common Income/ Misc Income section).  As suggested, I only selected 2020 (even though my MiL has been receiving this income for years)...and I indicated that it was not an intent to work.  Then, when I was finalizing my return and doing the review, it wanted to to review this entry...if you do that you get caught up in the never ending Schedule C loop...so instead I ignored the review and just hit Continue and it appears to have allowed me to file my MiLs federal tax return.

WRONG - I tried to submit the taxes and it took me back to the **bleep** Schedule C review loop...so I am at a loss on how to fix this