1099 From A Company Outside Of The U.S.

I'm in a profession where some of the work is W2 and some is 1099.

My main job, full time, was W2 and was suspended due to Covid about a year ago.  Since then my income has been from various freelance jobs and unemployment.   

I have all the forms to do my taxes except for one company which did not send me a 1099 form.   I was hired by a company in the U.S., through my union, who was working in conjunction with a company from Canada on a specific project.  The Canadian company issued payment.

I've become aware recently that for payments issued electronically over a certain amount that the company in charge of payroll does not have to issue a 1099 (the amount I was paid is over the threshold).   In addition I'm aware that I have to report it whether I get a 1099 or not, however, I like to have these forms.

Someone in the payroll department for the Canadian company told me that as a foreign entity they are not registered with the U.S. government and would not be able to supply a 1099.  They were, however, sending people payment breakdowns upon request.    I have yet to receive this, though the party I contacted reached out to the party responsible for the breakdown so that I'd get one.

Taking into account the aforementioned:

1.  Is someone responsible for sending me a 1099-Misc if not these folks?  I thought I read that the bank who the payment was deposited with has to do that, yet I have not received anything from them.

2.   When I report the income on Turbo Tax what am I going to be asked about where the miscellaneous income came from?   I have a contract for the job through my union but I'm not sure what company info is on it.

I appreciate any advice.  Thanks.