New Member

I just found out that I had a $28 dividend from '17 . Can I enter it in '18 or need to amend '17?

When doing our 2018 taxes, I found out about an account that hadn't mailed a 1099-DIV last year. They expected us to log in and download it. I put the amount into my 2017 return to see what the difference would be. I was $1 for my state return and $0 for the federal return for whatever reason. Because it is so small, can I enter it in 2018? Or will I pay penalties for not amending 2017?