Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thank you very much for your explanation. So, I thought to reduce my tax withholding, I can enter some money on 3 of Step 3 and turbotax article says like this too

"

• For those with multiple jobs or that have a spouse that works, you'll need to complete Step 2.
  • Otherwise, you can use Step 3, claiming dependents, and Step 4, other adjustments, to make changes to your withholding.
  • These options allow you to reduce the tax withheld through claiming tax credits or deductions.
  • They also let you add other sources of income or extra withholding if you find you want more money withheld from your paycheck." (https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/tax-refund/fatten-your-paycheck-and-still-get-a-tax-refund/L5Ha...)

As you mentioned about that part, is it okay to fill out as a single just to reduce the withholding? So, based on IRS calculator, I would like to put $2000 to reduce that withholding if that's okay. I believe the tax that I owed is less than $1000 for 2020. I hope that means I don't have to pay penalty..

Also, about the reimbursement for rent, do you think it would be less complicated and no risky if my boss input the reimbursement with no name or additional description like "rent"? 

Thank you for your advice again.