Get your taxes done using TurboTax

That would be correct, except that even when you choose "blank" in that walk-through for your 1099-B, TurboTax will call it out later during your final review as unacceptable. It then insists you enter a date.  It will not allow you to type "blank" or "various"... it insists on a MM/DD/YYYY format. There is no longer a question mark or drop down choice to say that you have "blank" or "various."  If you try to just continue without entering a date, it simply will not let you.  It will not file your taxes without a date.

Might be the first year in a decade I don't use TurboTax, since they clearly haven't addressed this issue in over 2 years of people asking the same question.   For the record, I have a BBA in accounting, so I probably should be saving the $70 on my taxes every year, but I also liked saving paper.

Additionally, for my own situation, I initially invested a sum of money distributed among 5 funds in 2015. I had my broker sell 2 of those in 2020 and add the proceeds to one of the remaining funds. This has been the only activity I have EVER done, no other deposits or withdrawals in 5 years.  My 1099-B  has BOTH short and long term information for each sale of my 2 funds... but they do not list acquired dates for any of it, and I am certain I didn't hold these less than 12 months... Sounds like I'm not alone... so... must be an issue with Turbo Tax, not with all of our different investment companies' reporting formats.