Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@BillM223- thank you for the @ indicator, yes, not obvious - unless one looks at the line below the reply box, even then, that is not well done.

Heh, heh, heh, heh....  Yes - you understand most correctly.

YOU'RE struggling? How do ya think I feel....

I did not get that "wages over limit" in the years prior to 2019 or in 2020. And in 2018 & 2020, I worked for the same company where that blasted line showed up in 2019.

At that company, there are about a dozen who made far more than me and if that had appeared to them, we 'might' already know the answer.

So the answer is no, not a highly compensated person.  HR never stated that as I am sure they would have if it were the case.

Yesterday, I got another email from the company that they happened to be talking to ADP and brought up the SS issue again. The ADP person said:

"there are some reports that could be pulled that may give a little more insight, and that she'd send the original rep a note to pull them. Apparently these reports can take up to 48 hours to pull. "

But it sounds like, my former company screwed up and DID NOT do proper due diligence in explaining it to ADP in the first place.  I thought this would be an easy fix, something got corrupted either at my former company, at ADP or en route to ADP (electronically).  And comparing my 2018 and 2020 data to the screwed up 2019 W2 would have been an easy task to troubleshoot...

-- Awaiting this to see what happens now at that company.

Thanks for that IRS link, that may actually be it. I will attempt to contact SSA again (a VERY painful process during CoViD - being on hold for 20 minutes several times before giving up) - and bring that up to see what they say about it.

On the ghosting part, I tried not to be harsh but when I've done technical work with folks from around the country and other parts of the globe - if I reach out to someone (especially folks from a different culture), I follow up - just in case a communique may have been sent but not in the, ahhh, proper manner.

Thanks for reaching out Bill.