Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@userashynycole2008 wrote:

Yes I already efiled .. I need to add a 1040x which its my unemployment compensation

Did you mean to say instead that you have a 1099-G that you need to add to your already-filed return by using an amended return Form 1040X?

If you already efiled a 2020 return, you'll have to wait a bit.  There is nothing you can do until you find out if the IRS either accepts or rejects the efiled return. Unfortunately, due to late tax law changes the IRS will not even open up to start processing until February 12, 2021, except for a few returns they pull early for testing purposes. In the meantime the return will sit on TurboTax servers with a "pending" status but cannot be retrieved to cancel or correct. So unless yours is one of the very few returns pulled early by the IRS, you won't know anything until February 12 or soon thereafter.

If you have errors on your return or need to add something, you would be lucky if the IRS rejects your efiled return. If they reject it, then you can simply correct everything, add the additional income form, and resubmit it.

If they accept your original efiled return, however, then then only way to correct it is through a formal amended return Form 1040X.

So in the meantime do NOT make any changes in your return until you find out if it's accepted or rejected by the IRS.   Again, if you're lucky, perhaps it will reject.   But if accepted, and you end up having to prepare an amended return, the amended return process has to start out exactly as it was when originally filed.