Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You will have to file a nonresident Illinois state tax return to report the income to Illinois.  When you file the Iowa tax return, as a resident you will report the income but then claim a credit for the tax paid to Illinois.  Unlike the Reciprocity agreement for the income wages, the unemployment does have to be filed with Illinois.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post