Quarterly tax payments are made to the IRS for income you received that wasn’t subject to federal tax withholding.
- Underpayment penalties are assessed if you don't withhold or pay enough tax on income received during each quarter.
- In fact, it's entirely possible to get hit with an underpayment penalty even though you paid your tax bill in full by the April deadline or are getting a refund.
To enter your federal and/or state estimated income taxes, type estimates paid in the search box and click on the Jump to link.
Your state tax payments are automatically transferred to your state return. We’ll also use them to determine whether you’d benefit from itemized deductions instead of a standard deduction.
You can also use the following step by step instructions.
- Log onto TurboTax.
- Select on the blue Pick up where I left off button.
- On the left navigation bar, click on Federal.
- Click on the Deductions & Credits tab.
- At Did you make any estimated tax payments?, select Yes, I did.
- Continue with the onscreen interview until you get to the Your tax breaks screen.
- Scroll down to Estimated Tax Payments and select Start/Add/Edit.
- At Estimated Tax Payments, click Start.
- Scroll down to State estimated taxes for 2020 and start.
- Continue with the onscreen interview.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"