Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Hi again. I bought the online 2020 turbo tax live self-employed. Yep, I paid for it thru Costco and they sent me an activation key, which I clicked on and entered when I started the online 2020 return. So that seems to be the problem because now I've started and so yep, it won't let me add a file in. I do have the .tax file from 2019 desktop saved on my computer. So I can access that and I did think about doing what you suggest and starting a new account under hubby's name. I'm even willing to do that if I have to, but I don't want to be out the $175 I paid for that other activation key that I now can't use...

Although after seeing your caution about the differences, now I kind of wish I'd just stuck with the desktop version. I wanted the live help just because of COVID and things like getting some of the pandemic program monies from various things like PPP and PUA- I thought this year it'd be wise to have someone review my return before filing it. For the past several decades I've felt comfortable with just using TT desktop and feeling like I did everything right, but I wanted that extra review this year.