Stimulus was sent to turbtax card account from last year, but Turbotax closed it earlier this year, it got rejected. Do I have to file for the credit or expect mailcheck?

The irs check payment tool says they wont mail a check if its sent to a closed account, and to file for thr tax credit. Is this true no paper check mailed? Anyone similiar issue have any answers?
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Since you haven't received the payment yet, it is doubtful that you will receive it without filing your tax return for 2020.

When you prepare your tax return for 2020 in TurboTax, you will be prompted to enter how much you received for your stimulus and then the program will calculate the amount of stimulus due you based on your income, number of dependents and payments already received. If any additional stimulus is due you, it will be used to reduce your 2020 income tax liability, and the balance will be refunded to you.

You will see the options when you are done entering your tax information and proceed to the review process.

You can file a tax return in 2020 to get your stimulus check, even if you aren't required to otherwise.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lesbianbitch
Returning Member

I did not receive my stimulus check it was sent on my TurboTax card account the 4th of January they rejected it wondering if they're going to send me a check or a debit card it's been 3 weeks now living in my car really need this money can sometime somebody tell me what the heck is going on

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

If you did not receive your stimulus payment, you can claim it on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit.

In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:

1. Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
  2. Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
  3. On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
  4. Follow the interview
  5. TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
  6. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"