mmgadeken
Returning Member

E-file no longer available for 2019 filing. Need 2018 tax info which was e-filed. How do I access? wants me to complete 2019 first... which is what I am trying to do?

Had to download the desktop version in order to try and file taxes for 2019. I want to import my return for 2018 to make it easier (which WAS e-filed) . Cant seem to access it online though as when i go through the proper steps it says "Looks like you didn't file with us last year or you filed using a TurboTax product that doesn't include access to prior-year returns...To download your prior-year TurboTax returns, just get started with your 2019 tax return in the TurboTax product that's right for you." and then theres a button that says "Select a product on Tax Home" which takes me to file my 2020 taxes and gives me no other options...It's a loop/ dead end. I can neither file 2020 or my 2019 in order to access by 2018 taxes ... because I need a copy of my 2018 taxes FIRST. How do I properly retrieve my previous year taxes even though I am behind this year??