Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I'm running Windows 10 20H2, OS build 19042.685.  Downloaded TT 2020 file version xxxx.080.0100. When starting the exe file there is an immediate error "failed to extract archive".  Here are steps taken to try to resolve this.  (1) downloaded with Firefox and MS Edge with firewall off; (2) opened exe file with virus scanner off; (3) ran SFC /Scannow to check system files; (4) restarted in selective mode; (5) went into Temp folder and found the TT installer file in a CKZ folder.  Tried to run this and got an error that it could not find the setup initialization file; (6) removed all files in Temp folder and ran exe file again  (7) ran exe file as Adminstrator. (8) turned off Windows Defender before running the exe file.

All every attempted fix, still got "failed to extract archive" error each time I ran the exe file.  The installer starts up and gets 2 progress bars then quits within a couple seconds. Could be something missing from the download file, or the zip/unzip method is not compatible with Windows 10, or there is a Path problem i.e. can't find the initialization file.  I know persistence pays off (not so far) but it looks like the problem is with TurboTax.