dizzydar1

Why am I paying for my State tax return when I’m using TurboTax Premier?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You are posting from online Premier.   When you use online Premier, there is a fee to prepare your state return.  That is the way the pricing is structured for online software.  Desktop software is priced differently.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

dizzydar1

So it’s cheaper to file with desktop?

Yes,  because desktop includes state software.  With online TT, you pay separately for federal and state.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
lenniska
Returning Member

If i have to pay again for state...why does the box it came in already have all three boxes checked??  Federal Return, Federal E-File, and State Return???? Isn't that False advertising??

You have to read more closely.  It tells you there is a fee to e-file the state.  The software to PREPARE the state is included, but there is a fee to e-file the state--and the packaging tells you that.  The packaging also tells you the state e-file fee is subject to change.  It changes every year when early bird discounts end and goes from $19.99 to $24.99 to e-file the state.  You can print, sign and mail the state return to avoid that fee.

lenniska
Returning Member

My copy of Premier is not even letting me do my state return ??? with paying an additjonal $44.99???? Maybe turbo tax needs a good LAWSUIT for False advertising....I have never have to pay additional for the first state return before???

lenniska
Returning Member

should be without paying the additional $44.99.... and I am using the desktop edition

Contact customer support to help you sort this out.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time