Late Filing...Please Help

Hi,

I know this may sound stupid to most of you but I just filed my taxes on Sep 14th. I’ve never filed taxes before and I was so confused and unsure of whether or not I had to given that I only work a part time job and my parents still claim me as a dependent because I’m 20. There aren’t really any excuses but I was told that I didn’t have to given those factors and I don’t know, I should’ve been more proactive about researching. I also kept running into problems with filing and didn’t know what to do because I don’t speak to my parents that often so I don’t really have guidance when it comes to this.

I have no idea how badly I’ve screwed up and I have no idea what to do or where to go from here. 

According to TurboTax I was owed a refund from the federal level and I owed New York State $184. Obviously that was due on July 15th but I don’t know how much I owe now and I’m so scared that I’ve completely ruined myself financially. Even though my parents still claim me as a dependent I more or less support myself fully and I’m in school full time so I don’t just have funds laying around. I have no idea what to do and I’m just so scared of what’s to come from the IRS and State tax division. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...