Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I thought the same thing, that the IRS would link my SSN to the EIN because of the way that I created the EIN.  But that is not the case.  For example, when I go to my IRS tax transcripts using my SSN account, none of the income from the 1099s that were marked with the LLC's EINs are listed.  Also, there is no way to create an IRS account for an EIN.  When I read the IRS's filing instructions on the W9, it says that I must use and report all income to my SSN (and not the EIN).     That is the problem, my "disregarded EIN" was used for the 1099s.   The IRS 1099 instructsions for filers state that if the EIN is used, and not the SSN, then a 1096 Type 2 correction is needed.  When I set up my accounts with The Vanguard Group, they FORCED ME to use my EIN for my single member LLC... they KNEW it was a disregarded entity, it even says it on there entry screen.  They are now planning to fix 3 years of incorrect 1099s --- I am not a tax professional, so I am looking for a turbo tax expert to tell me what else I should do.  So far, everyone on this site is saying that I do not need to do anything, but that contradicts the 1096 type 2 error instructions.  Please, why are you saying that the IRS is wrong?