Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I already filed my taxes and paid the IRS $428. I would have ended up owing them less had I tracked mileage. I made a little over $6,000 and I drove for Uber Eats, delivering food, not transporting people. Not that it makes any difference. I drove two different cars because the first one broke down. QuickBooks Self-Employed can't track mileage for more than one car, which makes no sense at all, but that's how it is. I tried getting help on this forum, but it just didn't come fast enough. Anyway, there are close to 1,000 trips I didn't track mileage for, because the QBSE app made it impossible for me because I used two cars, plus their mileage tracker is junk. I could use the Uber logs, but they only track deliveries, not the trips between deliveries and the next pickup location. Plus their logs don't list the exact addresses of the customers, nor do they list the name of the restaurants.

I asked all over the place how to reconstruct mileage logs, but no one chimed in to help. I'm 53 and I've never worked as a 1099 employee. So the IRS has already accepted my return and taken my money. I guess I just have to hope, according to what you're saying, that I don't get audited. If it comes to that, I hope they allow me to file an amended return instead of imprisoning and/or fining me.

Time will tell.