Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I have desktop TurboTax for Mac.  Earlier this year I filed my brother's tax return for him, using my desktop and my intuit account.  Two days ago, I tried to file my own extension 4868.  I paid about $1700 dollars in, using TurboTax.  I received no notification that anything was wrong.  None.  I thought i was all set.  But I didn't receive an email, not even one that said I hadn't filed.  But the fact is, my extension had not gone through because my brother's tax return was linked to my account.  

I had used free-file for his return, and I had paid for my desktop for mine and downloaded my new 2019 Deluxe a few days ago.  

By the time I figured this out with the help of a cpa at Turbotax, I was 2 days late filing.  This is is a bad flaw in the TurboTax system.  And I'm left holding the bag.  This should not have happened.  The system should have notified me that my return had not been accepted.  It did nothing, just left the page, and that was the end of it.  I had no idea until I noticed the money had not been withdrawn from my bank.  I'm pretty miffed and think I will not use Turbotax again.