rajdsing

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

The solution is to login to Schwab, navigate to services > Security Center > Enable Third Party Access

Member rajdsing said, "The solution is to login to Schwab, navigate to services > Security Center > Enable Third Party Access".

That might be a solution for some who have not allowed such access, but it is not the solution to this specific problem. As I mentioned two weeks ago, I had already (years ago) enabled such access, yet still experienced the problem.

Maybe it has been fixed by now. I suspect that nobody from TT would ever have the decency to mention that here or give an explanation.  I suppose I could check to see if the problem persists, but I would not like to risk tampering with my return. I'll check next year (unless some other service becomes a better option...)!

Hello, 

How do I import my information from Charles Schwab and USAA?  Or can I?

Thank you,

Teresa M.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@teresamorgan0301969 Click this link for info on How to Import Financial Transactions.

If you have issues importing, click this link for How to Enter 1099-B manually.

Click this link if you have a large number of transactions for info on How to Enter a Summary in Lieu of Individual Transactions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same problem. Won't accept my ID login -- and yes, it is correct!

I use Premier, so the version doesn't seem to be the problem.

This is the second issue I've had with TTax this year! 

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Yes, you may enter 1099-Div income by;

1. Login to Turbo Tax.
  2. Select Tax Tools, then Tools.
  3. Under Topic Search, type 1099-Div, click go.
  4. Click continue.
  5. The next screen click I'll type it myself".

You may also import your 1099-Div from your financial institution.

There are two things to note:

1) Charles Schwab (and E-trade) aren't sending out the 1099s until 2/19 (Schwab) and 2/22 (E-trade)

2) You will need to enable 3rd party access in your Charles Schwab account: Go to your account>Security Center>Third-Party Access to Account Information and choose to enable 3rd party access. (you may wish to turn this back off after you have imported your 1099. Good luck!

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Thank you for the update. Once you have the forms, you can import them or  you can enter 4 lines and cover the entire form.

If you choose not to import, then enter the totals for each:

• short term covered
  • short term non-covered
  • long term covered
  • long term non-covered

It appears that Intuit has had a bug for the past two years that has not been addressed. If your user ID at Schwab contains six or more (or maybe 6-8, I haven't tested that much) numbers in a row it is rejected. For example, if your Schwab ID is abc12311908xyz you can't log in. For some reason they don't seem to care to fix it.

Thanks so much. That's probably it.  I thought about changing my Schwab info when I ran into this problem, but I've done that in the past and created issues with other financial programs/services that I have. They were eventually solved, but it did take a while. I'd have to have a better reason than making TTax happy to tackle that again. 

artkohler

I have imported from both Schwab and Fidelity but the results are incomplete.  Should I stop and clear the return and then go through the import function again?

Depends on how much data wasn't imported. If a lot, you may want to delete the incomplete import and try again. But if you keep the part that imports (and enter the rest manually), I'd check the data for accuracy since the import is not working as it should. I ended up entering mine manually since I couldn't log in to even begin an import.

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

This error message is due to the new ID requirements for Charles Schwab:

• Cannot contain more than 8 numbers in a row
  • as 8 numbers in a row can be identified as a partial social
  • or partial account number
  • or in some cases a full account number

Please see this post, for more information, Charles Schwab imports

henri56
Returning Member

When I try to import from Schwab, it gets to the login page but after entering the username and password, the continue button remains grayed out. I have tried restarting the program and even starting a new (duplicate) return. Is this a bug?  I have 3rd party access enabled but it never gets to that because I can't begin the login process.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please review the thread that NashayLO provided above @henri56.