Re: Unable to import from Charles Schwab, says "th... - Page 7

Unable to import from Charles Schwab, says "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements"

This is a turbotax bug.

The restrictions in TT software are incorrect.

Play around with typing different things in the login box, and you will find that a shorter login with variations of numbers or letters are OK.

The solution is to login to Schwab, navigate to services > Security Center > Enable Third Party Access

Member rajdsing said, "The solution is to login to Schwab, navigate to services > Security Center > Enable Third Party Access".

That might be a solution for some who have not allowed such access, but it is not the solution to this specific problem. As I mentioned two weeks ago, I had already (years ago) enabled such access, yet still experienced the problem.

Maybe it has been fixed by now. I suspect that nobody from TT would ever have the decency to mention that here or give an explanation.  I suppose I could check to see if the problem persists, but I would not like to risk tampering with my return. I'll check next year (unless some other service becomes a better option...)!