Re: Unable to import from Charles Schwab, says "th... - Page 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to import from Charles Schwab, says "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements"

This is a turbotax bug.

The restrictions in TT software are incorrect.

Play around with typing different things in the login box, and you will find that a shorter login with variations of numbers or letters are OK.

Highlighted

Unable to import from Charles Schwab, says "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements"

The solution is to login to Schwab, navigate to services > Security Center > Enable Third Party Access

Highlighted
Level 2

Member rajdsing said, "The solution is to login to Schwab, navigate to services > Security Center > Enable Third Party Access".

That might be a solution for some who have not allowed such access, but it is not the solution to this specific problem. As I mentioned two weeks ago, I had already (years ago) enabled such access, yet still experienced the problem.

Maybe it has been fixed by now. I suspect that nobody from TT would ever have the decency to mention that here or give an explanation.  I suppose I could check to see if the problem persists, but I would not like to risk tampering with my return. I'll check next year (unless some other service becomes a better option...)!

Privacy Settings